I had saved up my Ulta reward points and had $137 worth to spend!
I also waited until the had the Cyber Funday sale before making my strike. I ended up getting a few bonus gifts and free shipping, my grand total was $38 for almost $180 of product. I was quite pleased. Here's a list of what I got:
Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette
I honestly don't know why I haven't tried this yet, I guess because I kept telling myself no more eyeshadow palettes. 12 beautiful matte shades. It's my new favorite everyday palette. Seriously, I'm all about a matte neutral eye and this is definitely in that wheelhouse.
Well I obviously had to get the sister if I was making the plunge. This one has 9 matte shades and 3 shimmer shades. I love this one too, especially because it has just a few shimmer shades for versatility. This one has more pink neutrals in it, great for transition colors with blending. If I HAD to choose one I'd probably pick the original just because I'm more into brown neutrals. But this one is great also and I don't think you could go wrong either way.
So much for an eyeshadow palette no buy, right? Ha. Well it's the thought that counts anyway. I had previously bought the Tarte Rainforest After Dark Clay Palette that is similar to this one on a whim while it was on sale and I LOVE it. It was my go-to for a solid 2 months and I still find myself grabbing for it more often than not. So I figured I'd try the Showstopper because I've heard so many people raving about it. Honestly, I'm not that impressed. It's a good quality palette so don't misinterpret that, I just definitely prefer the Rainforest. I do like the blush with the Showstopper, and don't underestimate that bronzer either! It looks way lighter than it actually is. I quickly realized that mistake and got a wrist cramp trying to blend it lighter as a result.
I actually haven't even tried these yet but oh my aren't they gorgeous?!? I don't typically wear falsies unless it's for a big event or party so these aren't too much for me in the situations I'll be using them. I can't wait to try them out and I'll post pictures when I get a chance. They're on sale BOGO half off, FYI.
I will always love OPI because, as a nurse who washes her hands ALL THE TIME, this is the polish (so far) that stays unchipped the longest. I just don't have enough hours in the day to be constantly touching up my manicure. And let's be honest, OPI has a crap ton of color choices and all of them are beautiful. These colors are great and perfect for the fall - winter transformation and I LOVE glitter this time of year. I got the following colors and I'm very pleased with each. Also, because of the deal going on for Cyber Funday I also go a cute pink scarf and got a 5 piece color paints mini kit. I'm pretty sure they had some BOGO sale as well but I can't remember exactly what it was. Bottom line, I got an awesome deal at the end of the day.
| Give Me Space |
| Ce-less-tial is More |
| Two Wrongs Don't Make a Meteorite |
| Ro-Man-ce on the Moon |
Firstly, I LOVE L'OREAL mascaras. My all time favorite is the telescopic. No matter what luxury brand mascaras I try, I will always return to the telescopic. It's perfect. I've heard good things about this line and wanted to try off a suggestion from a beauty vlogger I follow. This mascara is not for me. Nope. I'm really sorry I bought it. Oh well, you live you learn. The good thing is because it's a drugstore brand I wasn't shedding black tears over it.
This was on sale, I like trying new brushes. Although I wouldn't call it my favorite eye brush I definitely like it a lot. It's a little too firm to be a good fluffy blender and a little too big to apply shadow in a small concentrated area, so I would recommend it for mainly a large crease brush or just the lid.
Well, other than that I also got the Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser which is a staple I was just needing to replace, and a makeup bag filled with 19 awesome samples, as well as some coupons. So overall, I'm very pleased with my haul. Hope you can find some suggestions in here. I'd love to see some of your hauls, or feel free to leave suggestions of products you think I might enjoy!
-Whitney

No comments:
Post a Comment